how to set up sendmail to accept only whitelist?

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu May 20 23:48:15 UTC 2004

MKlinke <mailto:mklinke at axsi.com>
    on Thursday, May 20, 2004 3:05 PM said:

> In your access (/etc/mail/access) list you can reject all mail from a
> domain by default and then itemize those email addresses that will be
> accepted in that same domain.  For example:
>
> exDomain.com             REJECT
>
> validUser1 at exDomain.com      OK
> validUser2 at exDomain.com      OK

i hope it's that simple but what about the fact that i'm using sendmail
as a RELAY? a basic version of my /etc/mail/access file looks like this:

++
localhost.localdomain     RELAY
localhost                 RELAY
127.0.0.1                 RELAY

To:swatgear.com           RELAY

To:r at swatgear.com         REJECT
++

would your suggestion still work? i mean, would i just have to change my
file to the following?

++
localhost.localdomain       RELAY
localhost                   RELAY