wpc11v4 rhel 3.0 ws

Koray Kavukcuoglu kk at gravitas.org
Sat May 22 18:12:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a linksys wpc11 v4 wireless card which is not working naturally.
I have downloaded the driver from realtek site for rh9.0. With a slight
change in r8180_if.c (timer_t does not have a field 'list', but it is renamed
to 'entry') in rtl_check_timer function, I could compile the driver. However,
when I do

insmod rtl8180_24x.o

my machine hangs. If I execute the install script in the Makefile which
copies the generated rtl8180_24x.o to lib/modules/../wireles/rtl8180_24x.o,
during boot, it finds module independencies in rtl8180_24x.o. After a couple
of steps during boot while enabling pci, system crashes.

I am using RHEL 3.0 WS, which has latest updates as of today on Dell Inspiron
8200 (PIV 1.7)

Thanks,

Koray