PCI table info and how to update drivers required

Steve steve at focb.co.nz
Mon May 24 04:42:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Wang Steven wrote:

> Deal all:
>
> Our project requires updating drivers on almost all Redhat platforms,
> including Als, Wls, Els and others.  Would you offer me a universal
> solution, or where to get it?  Thanks a lot!

As far as I am aware, this is what up2date is supposed to provide,
however, if you want to have custom packages (drivers?) then you may want
to look into something like autorpm (I think it was called this) that was
a small perl script that you could point to a different location (local
package server) to get updates from.

> Besides that, i needs detailed introduction of PCI table.  Glad to receive
> direction or guidance from any of us.  Thanks a lot!

Look at lspci, this should give you detailed information on your PCI
devices, and with the -vv and -x options (lspci -vvx) you should get more
information that you probably need. The manual page may help more (man
lspci)

Otherwise, if you are after information about the PCI standards, then you
may want to search on google for pci standards (or something similar) - if
you are after how PCI works in general then try

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/pci.htm

HTH,

--
Steve.