Automatically assigning user quotas

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Mon May 31 10:10:11 UTC 2004

I think that option '-p' of 'edquota' will be useful in this case. You
could
manually set quota for some user and later use that option to copy quota
settings from that user to newly created user.
If you need to do this automatically for each new user, you could write
shell script for creating users and use it instead of `useradd`. The
'useradd'
and 'edquota' command in this case will be called from that script.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com