cron/shell/find problem

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Mon May 3 21:08:31 UTC 2004

Hi All:

I having a bit of a problem adding an entry to a crontab file.
Actually the adding works fine, it is just the command will not
work.

Here is what I have so far:

1. The following command works correctly from the command line:

   /usr/bin/find /usr/faq/xpt -name "RCTTAX.*" -mtime +90 -exec rm {} \;

2. When the command is added to a shell script file as above or
   to a crontab file as:

   0 2 * * * /usr/bin/find /usr/faq/xpt -name "RCTTAX.*" -mtime +90 -exec rm
{} \;

   The execution fails with

   /usr/bin/find: missing argument to `-exec'

3. I have been doing this for years on various different UNIX
   systems without any problems.

Any thoughts of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com