WS - server packages

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue May 4 14:50:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 04:22:20PM +0200, Jochen Vogel wrote:
> Did i get server packages like squid.rpm from up2date for WS?
> Can i compile my own server packages like squid-sources.thz on WS?

[root at p6000 ewilts]# up2date --showall >rhpw.packages
[root at p6000 ewilts]# grep squid rhpw.packages
squid-2.5.STABLE3-3.3E.i386
squid-2.5.STABLE3-5.3E.i386
[root at p6000 ewilts]# up2date --show-channels
rhel-i386-ws-3
rhel-i386-ws-3-extras
rhel-i386-ws-3-devsuite

So...squid is part of rhel3 WS.  Just use up2date to install it.

As for compiling your own, you're free to compile anything and
everything you want as long as you understand the support implications
(see your Terms and Conditions on your support contract - they're on the
web).

        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA