Can't see changes made to my web pages

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed May 5 19:51:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 09:10:17AM -0500, Jody Cleveland wrote:
> I've got several web sites running on a redhat 3.0 as server. Since
> yesterday, any changes made to websites aren't viewable on the web. What
> I mean is, I can modify the pages, but none of those changes are visible
> to a web browser. I've tried clearing the cache of the browser, I've
> tried multiple different browsers, and also different machines.
>
> Any ideas what may be causing this?

If your clients are using AOL, all bets are off.  No matter what the
server tells the browser, AOL caches stuff in the middle.  The only
option is to wait.  My AOL users try later and tell me the changes
suddenly started appearing.

Whenever I make changes to my own web sites, I always verify them with
my own inhouse browser first to see if they appear if I reload the
pages.  If they do and my clients can't see the updates, I blame the
client.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org