Problems printing to LaserJet on RHES3

Ken Morley ken at jmtg.com
Thu May 6 13:51:39 UTC 2004

I have a two Red Hat servers, an Intel NetPort print server and a HP
LaserJet5si on my network.  I setup the printer on the RH8 server and it
works perfectly.  I have spent *hours* trying to set the same printer on
RHES V3 server without luck.

The problem appears to be that the RHES V3 server outputs PostScript, even
if I select Generic/Text Only driver.  I deally, I would like to use the HP
LaserJet5si driver on the RHES V3 system.

I'm setting up the printer port as LPD, 192.168.1.51 (NetPort IP address),
LPT1_PASSTHRU (NetPort queue) on both servers.

What am I missing here???

Thanks!