Configuring Sendmail and VSFTPD

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri May 7 16:41:36 UTC 2004

At 09:37 5/7/2004, you wrote:
>Now back to FTP servers. I think I will install vsftpd based really on the
>speed. I will install it tomorow but I have it downloaded and unpacked.=)

Hmm? Install is just "rpm -Uvh vsftpd-x.xx-x.i386.rpm".

I strongly suggest that you stick to RPM and *NOT* install things from
source, which is what "downloaded and unpacked" sounds like. You will save
yourself tons of headaches, since all source-installed stuff is not tracked
and not updated automatically... it becomes "do-it-yourself" forever. If
you don't know of an excellent reason why you *should* compile and install
from source, then you shouldn't. Trust me.

Which version of Red Hat Linux are you using? Have you set up "up2date"
yet? If so, try simply issuing the command "up2date vsftpd" as root and see
what happens. :-)

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com