Virus on a virgin Red Hat ES V3 server?

Ken Morley ken at jmtg.com
Fri May 7 17:38:06 UTC 2004

I've just installed RedHat Enterprise ES V3 and patched to the latest
revision.  I then installed Clam Anti-Virus 0.70, ran freshclam to get the
latest def files and then ran a clamdscan against the entire drive.

I was surprised when clamdscan reported:

//proc/kcore: Trojan.MiniCommander.dr FOUND

What's the possibility that the server is really infected?  It's been up
just about two days, behind an commercial grade ICSA-certified firewall with
only outbound access to the internet.

Does anyone else have a RHES V3 box that they can try?

I wonder if the infected file ships with the RH distribution???

Any suggestions are appreciated.