pdf files are not opening in Mozilla web browser

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Fri May 7 23:00:29 UTC 2004

On May 7, 2004 02:02 pm, Vivek Kumar wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-07 at 16:33, Pete Nesbitt wrote:

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I checked the plugins and nppdf.so is set for applicaton/pdf and is
> > > Enabled and yet I can't see any pdf file in my mozilla browser. Also I
> > > have Acrobat installed in /usr/local/Acrobat5.
> > >
> > > Any help will be highly appreciated..
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Vivek
> >
> > You need to determine if it is the plugin or the application.
> > Can you open Acrobat (in a terminal window
> > "/usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread" and from in the app open a pdf? If
> > there are errors they will be displayed in the terminal window.
>
> I tried to open Acrobat from terminal window
> (/usr/local/Acrobat5/bin/acroread) and I got following error message:
> Warning: charset "UTF-8" not supported, using "ISO8859-1".
> Aborted
>
> Vivek

As I mentioned in my first post, this has been covered earlier and a search of
the list for 'acrobat reader' turns up:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=redhat-list&m=106893182711522&w=2

There are 2 possible ways to resolve this, both covered in that thread. One is
global and the other an 'acrobread' script.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce