Bandwidth Monitor

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat May 8 19:34:42 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 09:50:29PM +0530, Harry wrote:
> Ed Wilts wrote:
>
> >On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 07:44:56PM +0530, Harry wrote:
> >

> >>Thanks for your suggesstion, I downloaded the mrtg script, I also
> >>installed all the modules perfectly...as I got rpms from the net, now
> >>when I run the script I get this error....
> >>./mrtg_total.pl: line 135: syntax error near unexpected token `$DEBUG'
> >>./mrtg_total.pl: line 135: `my ($DEBUG)= (0);   # 1 to get debugging
> >>printouts to STDERR,'
> >>
> >>Is there something wrong in the script ?or is is that I have to do
> >>something at my end...I was also wondering where are the options that
> >>specify the Interfaces...
> >>

> >On that web page there are instructions on modifying your mrtg.cfg file
> >with what looks like comment lines (#-#) but are read by mrtg_total.pl
> >to get the information for each information.
> >
> >It took me a bit of time this morning, but I've finally got mine
> >working: http://www.ewilts.org/mrtg/graphs/mrtg_total/
> >
> >I grabbed my modules from cpan and recompiled from the sources.  These
> >are the versions I used on my RHEL3 system:
> >[root at p6000 GD]# ls *gz
> >GD-1.41.tar.gz       GDGraph3d-0.56.tar.gz
> >GDGraph-1.43.tar.gz  GDTextUtil-0.86.tar.gz
> >

> Thanks a Million Mr Ed for yr speedy response.....I downloaded the rpm
> followed some instructions from this site
> http://www.grape-info.com/doc/linux/config/mrtg-2.10.5-1.html
> and its working awesome......
> I have been seeing the graphs that it makes every 5 mins, it clearly
> shows all the connections and the Traffic Load but my million dollar
> question is yet to be answerd?Where do I get to see the total bandwidth
> utilised on a daily basis?Am i still missing something?Guess will need
> to resarch more, in the mean time yr pointer will defintaley be appreciated.

Look at mrtg_total.pl from http://www.geocities.com/josef_wendel/
He's got a sample at
http://www.geocities.com/josef_wendel/mrtg_total_ex_m.html
Or you can look at my live data at
http://www.ewilts.org/mrtg/graphs/mrtg_total/
You can drill down into the monthly totals and then the daily totals.
Drill down into the April data and you can easily spot when the new
OpenOffice rpms were released.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org