extended / logical partition

Peter Smith pasmith at wbmpl.com.au
Mon May 10 21:39:04 UTC 2004

Hi Jim,

An extended partition is just a container for logical partitions.

If your existing logical partition does not use all the extended partition,
you can create and format a second logical partition in the unused space.

Otherwise you will need to shrink your existing logical partition first -
google for PartitionMagic for example.

See http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO.html for
information about disk partitions.

Regards,