extended / logical partition

JCA auji at cruzio.com
Mon May 10 22:48:42 UTC 2004

Thanks Peter,

Here is my drive.  What I was trying to do is replace the Win95 with a
Linux ext3 file system on /dev/hda4.  So there is no easy way to do it
with fdisk?

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1             1      2416  19406488+   0  Empty
/dev/hda2   *      2417      2429    104422+  83  Linux
/dev/hda3          2430      2462    265072+  82  Linux swap
/dev/hda4          2463      4865  19302097+   f  Win95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/hda5          2463      4865  19302066   83  Linux