Recommended UPS for Linux

Ryan Golhar ryangolhar at verizon.net
Thu May 13 02:25:01 UTC 2004

Can anyone recommend a good UPS for Linux desktops?  I have two desktops
that are LDAP/NFS servers.  I want to put them on a UPS for automatic
shutdown if the power is out for a period of time.

I read the UPS HOW-TO on tldp.org.  I was wondering what others are
using and if anyone has any preferences on manufacturer and models.  I
really need about maybe 10-20 minutes before automatic shut-down.  I
think I would like a USB model in order to monitor the battery
condition.  Can anyone make any recommendations?

Ryan