GRUB removed from MBR

Koushik Narayanan koushikn at fastmail.fm
Thu May 13 02:56:59 UTC 2004

I installed Red Hat Linux 9 on a Pentium III.The machine aldready had
Windows98 installed.The antivirus software restored the MBR after
installation and so GRUB was removed from the MBR.I don't have the the
Installation CDs to reinstall GRUB. My boot floppy is not working.I used
a utility called
R-Linux(http://www.data-recovery-software.net/Linux_Recovery.shtml)  to
extract files fro the ext2fs linux partion to the FAT32 partion and tried
using loadlin(http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Loadlin+Win95-98-ME.html).The
kernel is decompressed and it detects the hardware but when mounting the
root partion I get an error :"Unable to mount due to unsupported optional
features(4)."

How do I boot into Linux?Please Help.

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - Same, same, but different