Mail -> Web (not webmail)

Jeff Hogg tastin at catchnet.net
Thu May 13 14:50:35 UTC 2004

Jeff wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> I suppose this is a bit of an odd question but I need to display the
> contents of an mbox directly on a html page without authenticating.
>

> Sounds a bit weird but I got a plan ;)
>

> I need some sort of script to read the mbox file (or pop the mailserver
> if nec.) and parse it into a nice looking webpage. A 'webmail' type view
> would be ideal but I dont want people to have to authenticate.

   This sounds like something you could do fairly easily with a little
bit of php coding.  It works well with presenting file input into html,
and integrates neatly into Apache as well.  I haven't done much with the
mbox file itself, but it should just be a file read and output into html
with a bit of specific parsing.  Give php a look if you like.  Easy to
pick up if you've ever coded at all. :)  If you feel the need, php can
manage to connect to the pop3 port as well.  Hope this helps.

Jeff Hogg