SSH problem

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Fri May 14 13:26:44 UTC 2004

On May 14, 2004 01:30 am, Nitin wrote:
> Well, not it asks for password...
>
> What do I do?, I dont think I can pass password from within a script,
> there's no such option as far as I know of. But cant really understand, it
> was working very fine in similar conditions earlier...
>
> Anyways, thanks a lot for ur time. Please let me know, if u can help me
> further with it. Nitin

Hi Nitin,
if you want to avoid the password, you can to use key based authentication
instead of password based (only good way to do ssh in a script). You can
set a pass-phrase for the key, or for scripts you can run without a
pass-phrase. This can still be made secure. I have a  couple docs on this at
under the "Documents" link at linux1.ca (http://nesbitt.yi.org/howto.shtml)
Look at "SSH/SCP via Key Authentication HOWTO" and maybe "Limiting SSH Access"

Hope that helps.

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce