RH9 2.4.22 kernel source install trouble

oyemois at yahoo.com oyemois at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 15:34:49 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm in the Newbie. I have a fresh install of Fedora
2.4.22

I need to install the kernel sources for 2.4.22.
Unfortunately, I was unable install the kernel
sources. I checked the /usr/src/redhat and there were
some empty directories in it and figured I did not
have the source.

I have the three disks and the MD5 checksums matched
the Red Hat web site.

I went to System Settings -> Add/Remove Applications

I scrolled down to Development and checked Kernel
Development.

I then put in disk three when I was prompted. I got a
an error:

"Error installing packages - there was an error
installing packages - quitting"

Sorry, that's all I know about the error. What could
this be?

I am on a Dell laptop with the workstation setup on a
6 GB drive 128K.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.