rpm unpack error installing the package: dev-3.3.12-1

Robert C Paulsen Jr robert at paulsenonline.net
Sat May 15 13:33:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 06:21, Jason Dixon wrote:
> On May 15, 2004, at 6:55 AM, Robert C Paulsen Jr wrote:
>
> > BY THE WAY -- I have an activated support account but cannot find any
> > way (other then this mailing list) to contact RedHat for support. The
> > web pages just send me in circles *describing* the support and showing
> > my account details but nowhere does it say "call this number" or "fill
> > out this form". How am I supposed to get my official
> > bought-and-paid-for
> > support?
>
> Log in at https://www.redhat.com/apps/support/ and choose web support
> to open a ticket.  Or, call Red Hat at 888-REDHAT1 and open a ticket
> that way.

That's the page I've been to most! It has a lot of *descriptions* of
available support but I don't see a link (like "web support") to
actually *get* any of that support.

It does show that I have an activated account:

Product					Systems	Activated   Expires
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 3 L3 (x86)	1	25-MAR-04   24-MAR-05

This is on a pre-installed system from Dell. Perhaps they sold me less
support than I thought I was getting. The only "support-like" links on
that web page are for "RedHat Network" and "Knowledgebase". That's the
kind of stuff SuSE gives you for free and forever.

P.S. Just I called the 800 number and found out I am not entitled to any
real support! But, the nice lady I talked to did open a support ticket
for me and said to call back during their normal support hours
(weekdays).

--
Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
robert at paulsenonline.net