hdparm ?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun May 16 18:59:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 10:04:53AM -0700, Daniel H. Vickers wrote:
> Mybe this might clear up some more
> OS: RedHat 9 New install
> The dma time outs start accouring during boot and continues on through any
> use of the os. the hdparm -d 0 /dev/hdb is the command for the drive that i
> was told to use befor. I've been running the command manualy till i find the
> right place to put it. And if i needed to word the command differently for
> what ever config file I put it in. Or if there is  device config file I can
> change to continualy refect the fix from that command. Hope that help
> clarify my needs.

This should work with RHEL.  I don't have access to RHL 9 but it should
hopefully work for you too.

# cd /etc/sysconfig
# cp -a harddisks harddiskhdb
# vi harddiskhdb
        Locate the USE_DMA line
        Remove the comment from the line and set the value to 0
This will leave hda as is and disable DMA for hdb.  This sounds like
what you want.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA