xine and .DAT

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon May 17 01:30:32 UTC 2004

Adel Essafi wrote:

> please list
> who succeeded to make xine player (installed using .rpm ) read .dat
> clips!!!
> thanks

You're not supposed to read .DAT files as a file. .DAT files are part of
the (S)VCD specification, so if you have a proper (S)VCD disk, you need
to set your player to play (S)VCD before it will work.

You CAN convert .DAT to .MPG, but I'm not going to go into that because
we're way off topic, but if that's the way you want to go, then search
google for 'DAT to MPG' or something like that.

Regards,
Ed.