Adaptec Raid Controller (AIC-7902) Issue on RedHat 9

Chua Koon Yam koonyam at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 02:11:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am trying to install RedHat 9 on a SunFire V60x running on Intel Xeon
Processor. When I tried to configure the Adaptec Raid Controller card for
hardware raid by enabling HostRaid Support, I got these msg after booting up
with the OS Cdrom:

"No hard drives have been found. Would you like to select device driver
now?"
I loaded the Adaptec aic7xxx driver. However, the disk is still not
recognised at the installation screen.

Does RedHat 9 support Adaptec Raid Controller card?

Appreciate your time.

Rdgs,
Ken