Fw: ISDN USB Modem-Mr.Rudolf

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii Rudolf.ladyzhenskii at opennw.com
Tue May 18 22:44:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

When you load ACm drivers, it should come up with the message, something like "ttyACM0: USB ACM Device". If ACM driver does not pick it up, then your modem is not an ACm device. ACM driver picks up any USB device that is a "COMM CLASS". May be try to read the device description out of device and decode it to see if modem declares itself as USB COMM device.

For a test, you can also modify ACM driver to include your D-Link modem. Go to acm_ids[] array and add entry for D-Link modem.
USB_DEVICE (0x0403, 0x8372). This will load the driver, and you find it does not work, then modem is not ACM device.

Rudolf