rpm spec file question

Jeff Lacki jeep at rahul.net
Fri May 21 08:01:32 UTC 2004

Sorry for such a simple question...I read the HOWTO's and tried to
find this answer, its probably simple too...anyhow:

I know how to create and compile an rpm from a spec file.

All I want to do is take 3 files in my source area /somedir/src,
build the rpm, and install the rpm (with those 3 files) on another
linux box.

I use this in my spec file:

%files
%attr(700, root, root) /home/me/src/fileA
%attr(700, root, root) /home/me/src/fileB
%attr(700, root, root) /home/me/src/fileC

All I want to do is take the 3 files and install them
on the other machine.  Where are they located after
I install the rpm so I can do a 'cp' command or whatever?

And while Im asking, what is the diff between the .src.rpm
and the i386.rpm file?  Do I use one over another, lets say,
.src.rpm for sources only and i386.rpm for binaries or
soemthing?

Sorry if this is so basic, but I must have missed something.
Thanks in advance!