How to force kudzu to look for hardware changes at boot up

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat May 22 23:57:15 UTC 2004

On May 22, 2004, at 6:59 PM, James D. Parra wrote:

> Thanks.  Since there is already a Perc3 SCSI adapter installed would
> the new
> entry in /etc/module.conf conflict with it?
>
> <snip>
> probeall scsi_hostadapter megaraid
> <snip>

If the megaraid is being identified with scsi_hostadapter, then use the
following instead:

alias scsi_hostadapter1 advansys

> By the way, didn't know that only RH users could use this list;
> especially
> since Mandrake is based on the RedHat distro. Regardless, I use both
> distros
> and subscribe to many of the valuable Linux lists out there. Nor do I
> want
> to start a flame war either, but this list tends to have solid,
> practical
> answers. Therefore, here I am.

My concern is that your post doesn't cause confusion to other
less-experienced users.  You never actually _said_ you're using
Mandrake, but your reference to harddrake gave it away.  Other Red Hat
users might have read your comment and wondered where _their_ harddrake
was.  :)

P.S.  Please don't top post.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE