Bind ip alias

Mark Lowe mark.lowe at boxstuff.com
Sun May 23 20:34:39 UTC 2004

At the moment the bind, apache and for that matter everything else is
all on one box.

So have I understood you by thinking that apache its apache's business
to map the domain name and ip alias and as long as the dns server can
resolve the domain to the real ip that's all that counts?

So I'll need to do this sort of thing in apache

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.10:80>
ServerName www.hostedomain.com
..

I've been trying this for ages, but i guess my apache config could be
missing something. I started thinking about bind when i just couldn't
get things running.