Apache 2.0.x on ES 2.1

Hamilton, Andrew Andrew.Hamilton at afccc.af.mil
Wed May 26 13:09:55 UTC 2004

I never use a canned version of apache from Red Hat.  I think more important
than trying to use a default version is to figure out what you really want
the web server to do and compile it yourself.  That way you get the options
that YOU want not what someone else thinks you want.  Apache is NOT
difficult to compile.  If you want an rpm you can get the source rpm then
just use the spec file, modify it to  get the options you want then build
the rpm.  I'm not sure it's worth the effort if you are only doing it for
one machine, but some folks like having the rpm's so that it's part of rpm
system for updates and such.

regards,

Drew