Set X resolution in command line

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu May 27 05:01:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 12:05, John Simpatico wrote:
> I am running RedHat 9 with VMware on WinXP and i set my resolution too
> high and now X won't start. How do i set the default resolution for X
> while still in command line?

If I understand you correctly you are running RH 9 as a guest O/S under
XP.

If that is the case, from the command line simply rerun
vmware-config.pl.  Assuming this is VMware 4.X it will ask you if you
wish to change your resolution and set the XF86Config file accordingly.

Ed

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.