Setting RH9 for static IP

Michael Sullivan msulli1355 at tulsacoxmail.com
Mon May 31 16:13:32 UTC 2004

I have a PC with RH9 installed on it, but because the hard drive is so
small, I only did a server install on it.  My network receives DHCP
addresses from the router.  It's thunderstorm season here in Oklahoma,
and when the power goes off the router gets reset, along with all the
DHCP addresses.  I was wondering if I could set up the server PC to
always have the same address and not use DHCP, because if the power goes
off in the middle of the night while we're asleep, we don't get our mail
and people can't get to the website until I fix it in the morning.  If
XFree86 was installed, I would just use neat, but there wasn't room for
XFree86.  What file do I need to edit to set the server PC to always use
the same local IP?

-Michael Sullivan-