The command "df -h" no show me the size of partition true!

Norman Elton wnelto at net.wm.edu
Mon Nov 8 17:05:36 UTC 2004

Sorry, I may have misspoke...

In hunting down an oversized file, I usually use "du -h -s *", which
summarizes the size of all files/subdirectories. It does not show
hidden directories. This tripped me up for a little while, since the
file in question was in a hidden directory.

Hope this helps.

Norman

Norman Elton
College of William & Mary