Redhat 9 wired freeze and halt

Anth Courtney anthcourtney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:48:09 UTC 2004

Rushan,

Machine freezes are a hard one to solve, but in the main, I've found
they're caused by hardware failures or conflicts.

Have you added any new hardware to the machine not long before the
problem has started occuring?

If you have, then that might be the cause. If not, then you might
consider swapping out components (network cards, video cards, ram)
with new parts to see if that solves the problem.

Otherwise, what processes are running at or around the time of the
crash? Is there anything on the console?

cheers,
Anth