Fedora core and AMD 64

Justin Crabtree crabtrej at otc.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:08:50 UTC 2004

Asplund, Marcus wrote:
> I am currently using Fedora for on an Asus P4P*800 Deluxe W/ p4 Prescott 3.0
> GHZ., w a gig of PC3200 Non-ecc RAM ,and have not had any real problems with
> the configuration that I haven't been able to solve fairly rapidly. I use
> the box for for a great deal of multimedia apps. Dig. Cam. GIMP, Audio, and
> Home theater . I also have it set up as a file server on my home network and
> email server externally. I have been thinking of building an AMD 64 Fedora
> Box that will be used for most of the same things but I would like to
> configure it as a fully functional Web Server, emailserver, and File/FTP
> server.I have very little experience with AMD processors and the Mobo's/
> chipsets to go with. Any suggestions that anyone could give me would be very
> much appreciated. I would like to stick with Asus for the Mobo but Like I
> said I have very limited experience with AMD. Thank you in advance.
>
> Marc
>
> Linux Counter # 237781

We have several dual Opteron workstations with MSI boards with the
K8T800 chipset.  Both are running FC3 without problems.  One has been
drafted as our main LDAP server for a short period.  So far, no
problems.  So, I can endorse the stability of the K8T800.  Don't know
much beyond that.  HTH.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer