Still trying to install shrike

mark whitroth at cfl.rr.com
Mon Nov 29 18:01:50 UTC 2004

Lessee, this *is* the Redhat list, not the Fedora list...just making sure.

As I said the other day, I'm trying to upgrade a 7.3 system to shrike.
I've now tried an h/d install, after booting from a CD.

It still crashes. Where the install crashes is in anaconda, and the end
of the traceback is:
in fsset.py, line 1260. in mountFilesystems. amd it's complaining
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'device'.

Now, anyone got any ideas how I can get past this? I'm rather afraid to
just do a complete fresh install, the only option I haven't tried.

	mark

--
"Get money. Get it quickly. Get it in abundance. Get it dishonestly,
if you can, honestly, if you must." - the Gospel as preached by