Problem in translation by PO file

Nguyen Minh dung-bminh at hcm.fpt.vn
Mon Nov 1 13:06:47 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have a problem in translation koffice-kpresenter GUI. I compiled successfully koffice 1.2.1 on Redhat9.

I got kpresenter.pot and translated it into Vietnamese to kpresenter.po

I made a directory vi (and also vi_VN) in folder /koffice-i18n and put kpresenter.po in /koffice-i18n/vi/messages/koffice/kpresenter.po
I ran msgfmt --statistics kpresenter.po to make *.mo and *.gmo
I modifid file /koffice-i18n/subfolders to contain
    vi
    vi_VN
Finally I compiled koffice-18n with
    make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure --prefix=/usr/ &&make&&make install
And changed language to Vietnamese (change from login form)

BUT I couldnt see any Vietnamese word in Kpresenter app after rebooted.

Please help me. Sorry if I post wrong list.
Minh