Printing in ES 2.1

Hogue, Russ rhogue at harrisinteractive.com
Tue Nov 2 19:27:23 UTC 2004

We are migrating a server from HPUX 11 to Redhat 2.1 ES.  (We can not
use 3.0 due to library incompatibilities).  We have most issues resolved
with the exception of printing.  We print to various HP 8100 laser
printers via IP through JetDirect interfaces.  When we print through
CUPS on 3.0 or through our HPUX system we are able to pass various
options to the printer using the -o switch.  Printing through 2.1 is
ignoring these switches.

I am probably missing some simple configuration here, can some suggest
how to get these options working or a version of CUPS that functions
with 2.1?

Many thanks,

Russ