Printing in ES 2.1

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Nov 3 00:41:48 UTC 2004

On 11/02/04 13:27, Hogue, Russ wrote:
> We are migrating a server from HPUX 11 to Redhat 2.1 ES.  (We can not
> use 3.0 due to library incompatibilities).  We have most issues resolved
> with the exception of printing.  We print to various HP 8100 laser
> printers via IP through JetDirect interfaces.  When we print through
> CUPS on 3.0 or through our HPUX system we are able to pass various
> options to the printer using the -o switch.  Printing through 2.1 is
> ignoring these switches.
>
> I am probably missing some simple configuration here, can some suggest
> how to get these options working or a version of CUPS that functions
> with 2.1?

Personally, I'd take the easy way out and download the RHEL 3 source rpm
for cups and rebuild it on 2.1.   The downside, of course, is that you'd
have to maintain CUPS yourself for updates, but you may find it easier
than trying to force 2.1 to work for you.

	.../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA