Keeping Up-to-Date With Oracle

Joe Hood joe.hood at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 20:27:48 UTC 2004

Seems Oracle differs between plain old 9i database and the 11i
application suite.  I'm looking for where Oracle says to go ahead with
errata updates with the 11i suite but haven't found much.

I'm referring to Metalink #234783.1 which lists in their "Requirements
for All Red Hat Operationg Systems."

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Requirements

This section describes operating system requirements and installation
instructions for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
Component 	Required Version 	Instructions
Linux Kernel 	2.4.21-4.EL 	To determine what distribution and version
are currently installed, type the following:

$ uname -r

Glibc 	2.3.2-95.3 	To determine installation status, type the following:

$ rpm -q glibc

Required Patches

The following patches must have been installed:

    *

      compat-db-4.0.14.5
    *

      compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.122