Simple sendmail vhost [SOLVED]

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Thu Nov 4 23:20:01 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, IT Dept wrote:

> This is a question better asked in the Mail Help mailing list on
> Moongroup.com (mailhelp at moongroup.com) but I'll try and answer here ...
>
> In 'local-host-names' add:
> bbb.com  ##and any other domains, inc. subdomains you might alias as
>
> In 'relay-domains' add:
> bbb.com  ##and any other domains you might relay for
>
> In 'virtusertable' add:
> someone at bbb.com  localsomeone ##and/or
> another at bbb.com  outsideother at zzz.com ##and any other variations, see
> your 'aliases' for format
>
> Then do 'service sendmail restart' so that sendmail will hash the
> 'virtusertable' table for use.
>
> Understand that I'm not a sendmail guru so the above, though it should
> work, may not be very elegant.
>
> Can't help you with mailman as I don't use it. As above, I recommend you
> subscribe to the mail help list, they should be able to help you there.
> :)

I haven't started on the virtusertable yet, but the rest is just what's
needed (plus an MX record in the DNS).

As for mailman, after creating a list, just edit the "Host name this list
prefers for email" field.  (As long as you don't mind the fact that all
lists on all hosts share the same namespace, you are OK.  Otherwise, there
are hints for installing mailman multiple times.)

> Good luck.

Thanks.

--
		Matthew Saltzman