mke2fs -j

Jason Gray jgray at bardelanimation.com
Fri Nov 5 23:18:46 UTC 2004

I come across an odd situation when creating ext3 filesytems.  I have
several SCSI disks attached to my server via an adaptec asa7211c iSCSI
adapter .  Everything works great except when I'm creating a file
system.  The load on the server jumps to 9.00 whenever I create a
filesystem on the IP SAN storage.  The cpu seems fine (very low load).
It seems to be the r/w requests that are bogging it down.  Once the
filesystem is written the load drops to normal levels.

Any ideas why this would be?

Cheers,

--
Jason Gray