RHEL 2.1 compatability question.

Radke, Theresa A theresa.a.radke at lmco.com
Mon Nov 8 23:12:23 UTC 2004

I've run into the RHEL nightmare and dell systems just recently and have
come up with the following:

1.  If you modify that operating system in any way then you invalidate
your service agreement.
2.  That operating system has been customized to run the hardware in
your dell, try installing over it and you'll get errors.
3.  you can't find the correct versions of anything to install,
including oracle grid version.

I have simply instigated a return of all the equipment and am instead
ordering Dell with windows.  Once I get the windows machines I'll
install Redhat 9 and all the free stuff I can get or need off the net.

Typical case of rush to market in my opinion.

Theresa Radke
Sr. Software Engineer