RHEL 2.1 compatability question.

Ed Wilts, RHCE ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Nov 9 00:12:37 UTC 2004

On 11/08/04 17:12, Radke, Theresa A wrote:
> I've run into the RHEL nightmare and dell systems just recently and have
> come up with the following:
>
> 1.  If you modify that operating system in any way then you invalidate
> your service agreement.

So instead you're choosing to install a totally unsupported operating
system?  RHL 9 was end-of-lifed quite a while ago.

> 2.  That operating system has been customized to run the hardware in
> your dell, try installing over it and you'll get errors.

> 3.  you can't find the correct versions of anything to install,
> including oracle grid version.

You won't find a supported Oracle for RHL 9 either.

You'll find a lot of RPMs for RHEL 2.1 at Dag's archive:
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA