Easy upgrade to SSL enabled Apache 1 on RH7.3

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 13:51:08 UTC 2004

Hi folks.

I know this'll be a FAQ but a google and list archive search didn't help
- lots of chaff, couldn't find the wheat.

I've got a RH7.3 (with all RH & Fedora-legacy updates) system running
Apache - Apache 2 doesn't work with my setup because it doesn't support
per-vhost user and group configs.

My question is what's the best way to upgrade this to a SSL enabled
version of Apache - so it can serve https:// encrypted pages.

For best read easiest to do now and maintain later, so well supported
binary RPMs would be ideal if they exist.

Thanks
Gary
--
Gary Stainburn