troubles installing redhat workstation WS Version 3

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Wed Nov 10 03:38:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:30:26 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote
> > I just purchased redhat workstation WS Version 3 and have pretty new hardware.
> >  is there a driver out there that I need - it claiming that there are no hard
> > drives present when I am attempting to partition the drives.
> >
> > I can see the drive recognized during the boot up sequence.
> >
> > the controller is a Serial ATA controller - maybe there is a specific driver
> > not getting loaded.
> >
> > please let me know if I need to give more specific information here to find a
> > cure.
>
> You need to be a bit more specific as to what HW you have.  The
> details of the SATA controller and drives would be a start.

the system I got is the shuttle SB81P Intel915G with UDMA-150 Serial-ATA Ports
with RAID 0/1 and the drive is a Seagate ST3160827/023AS 160GB DATA

its a nice little box - shuttle URL information:
http://www.centralcomputer.com/itemdetail.asp?item=SYSSHUSB811R

any clues how to get linux to support this?
cheers,

Noah