troubles installing redhat workstation WS Version 3

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Nov 10 12:48:54 UTC 2004

On 11/10/04 00:04, Noah wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:50:06 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote
>
>>Since you said you purchased RHELv3 WS you can login to your Red Hat
>>Network account (https://rhn.redhat.com) and go to "Channels".  When
>>you go to the RHELv3 WS section you will find an area called
>>"Downloads". Go there and you will find the lastest CD's to download.
>>

> okay I found the section - do I need to download just the update 3 Disc or do
> I need to get the update 2 and update 1 versions as well?

The updates are cumulative - Update 3 includes everything that was in
updates 1 and 2 so you only need to download update 3.

If/when update 4 comes out, you can use up2date to apply all the updates
and you don't need to download the CDs at all.  The problem you've got
right now is you can't do the install without getting to U3 first.

> also should I download the binary CDs or the source CDs as well?

Just the binaries.  You can always get the sources later or download
them 1 at a time if you ever need them.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org