Building a flexable FTP Server

Brian McGrew Brian at doubledimension.com
Thu Nov 11 16:14:01 UTC 2004

Good morning all,

I need to rebuild our FTP server.  It's currently running on a Solaris
2.6 box and it's been so long ago that I've forgotten what I did and I'm
sure the technology has changed considerably since.

I have a couple of requirements and I'm hoping that someone can point me
in the right direction.

1)  I have about 250 customers that will need read access to their own
folders only and read access to an Updates folder located outside their
home directory
2)  I have about 100 staff members that have nfs mounted home
directories who will need access to not only their own directories but
read/write access to all the customers directories.
3)  I have a Updates folder located outside of my staff or customers
home directories that customers will need read access to and staff will
need read/write access to.

Any suggestions on implementing this under FC2/3?

Thanks,

-brian

Brian D. McGrew {brian at doubledimension.com || pacemakertaker at rock.com }
---