MySQL php error

Edward Iglesias iglesias at loyno.edu
Mon Nov 15 17:06:58 UTC 2004

Thanks for the help.  Just to clarify.

running MySQL version 4.17 standard
installed php-mysql-4.3.2-18.ent.i386.rpm
client 5.01
OS RH Enterprise Linux 3

After installing php-mysql-4.3.2-18 I still am getting this

*Warning*: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication
protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in
*/var/www/html/postnuke/html/pnadodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php* on
line *339*
Error connecting to db
Program: /var/www/html/postnuke/html/install/db.php - Line N.: 45
Database: webdb
Error (1251) : Client does not support authentication protocol requested
by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Any ideas?