Adding more or removing applications

nitai at computeroil.com nitai at computeroil.com
Tue Nov 16 00:38:06 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I installed WS 3.0 on my laptop and are working with KDE. Now I have found that when I want to remove or add some applications with the Package Management it sometimes asks for CD 2. After inserting the CD I can hit 100 times the ok button and nothing more happens. Is this know, or am I doing something wrong?

Also, I wanted to install bluefish. I have downloaded the available rpm. the using tpl -Uvh bluefish xxxx gives me back the following:

error: Failed dependencies:
        gnome-vfs2 >= 2.4.1 is needed by bluefish-0.13-1
        libaspell.so.15 is needed by bluefish-0.13-1

I am quite confused what is going on, since I have installed all available packages from the CD's.

If anybody can tell me what I should do, I would be very grateful. Also please note that I am quite new to RH, we have been woking with MacOS X before, so some shell knoeledge is here :-)

TIA.

Nitai

--
Redakto - Content Management that simply works
Content Management & eBusiness Systems
info at computeroil.com
http://computeroil.com