Killer apps/"selling" points of FC and GNU/Linux - Development IDEs

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 08:44:34 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'd like to turn your attention to an email from the fedora development list.

I think its an important discussion in this group for Redhat list.

For the past week Ive been trying to get the latest kdevelop to work on RHEL
ES because its offers so many useful features. There are just too many
variables to make it work. Given up.

Developers in our company have been asking for a Linux development environment
for months which more advanced than emacs or any other kind of text based
editor. Our Linux platform is Redhat.

I think before RH Linux (not Fedora) is accepted as a platform to develop
"Killer apps" it needs a development platform / applications that will work in
both GNOME and KDE, C/C++, java, python...., as well as provide a GUI design
tools

James