unset global editor symlink

Karasik, Vitaly vkarasik at nds.com
Wed Nov 17 14:19:52 UTC 2004

the answer is : in /etc/profile and /etc/profiles.d/*

So there are at least 2 ways to "unalias" vi :

1) delete vim* from /etc/profile.d - I tried and it works!

2) comment all lines in  /etc/profile.d/vim.sh

rename vim.sh to blah-blah.sh and leaving script in the same dir won't work - profile script runs *.sh scripts.,=

Rgds,
Vitaly

Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message.